Monday, March 23, 2015

New Book from Deborah Picurrelli



 I wrote Love Comes Calling years ago, before I discovered what my brand of writing would be. A well-known publisher had advertised that they would be accepting submissions for novellas to be combined into four differently themed anthologies. The one called “A Well-kept Secret” intrigued me, so that’s what I chose.
Once I decided on the theme, I needed to come up with a story to fit. I thought about what that secret could be. It would have to be something shocking, for one thing. Even if only to the characters in the book. That secret would have to arise from a situation. But what?
For every story I write, I try to think in extremes. Not necessarily in personality, though that can be a factor, but in other things, too. Background, circumstances, a connection, a physical condition, etc. For Love Comes Calling, both a connection and a physical condition come into play.
With those elements in place, I could let my imagination run wild. And then I wrote to my heart’s content.
A day after I submitted the manuscript, I received an e-mail stating the publisher had decided not to release that particular anthology. Shortly after, they ceased from publishing all anthologies.
Fortunately for me, the months of work spent on this novella were not a waste. Last year, I submitted the manuscript to a contest held by Prism Book Group, and here I am to tell about it. I am happy to say I have a wonderful, trusted publisher handling my beloved story.
Love Comes Calling contains elements of both redemption and forgiveness. (And we can’t forget romance!)  Drastic life changes occur in the hero, Derek Spencer, when he gives his life to the Lord Jesus. This creates a desire to correct the wrongs he’d done in his “wild days.” Forgiveness is displayed in many different ways by many different characters who were affected by what Derek had done. Most importantly, Charlotte Parkes.

Hopefully, Love Comes Calling will emphasize to readers the need to keep ourselves accountable for hurts we inflict on others. On the flipside, those who were hurt can gain freedom from the spirit of bitterness by forgiving the ones who have hurt them. Also important to note is, the one who inflicted the pain in the first place must ultimately forgive himself. 

BACK COVER BLURB



The day new Christian, Derek Spencer, shows up on Charlie Parkes’s doorstep to make up for what he’d done, is the very day he falls in love with her. But Charlie’s sister mistakes him for a home improvement contractor, and he decides to play along until he finds a way to tell her who he really is.

Charlie is attracted to Derek, but knows the attention he pays her is only flattery. How could such a great-looking guy fall for someone with a face like hers? Nevertheless, the two form a relationship that brings a joy to Charlie that’s way beyond her wildest dreams.

But what will happen when Derek’s true identity is revealed?



After years of reading books and watching movies with an element of romance, Deborah M. Piccurelli’s desire to write romance novels came naturally. She is active in her church and is an advocate for sanctity of life. Deborah is the author of two novels, a novella and several cause-related newspaper articles. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, and the New Jersey Society of Christian Writers. As one of the winners in a contest by The Christian Authors Show, details of Deborah’s writing journey can be found in the 2013-2014 edition of the book, 50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading. Deborah lives in New Jersey with her husband and their two sons.  

Love Comes Calling is a beautiful story you don't want to miss!

Find it on Amazon or from the publisher at www.prismbookgroup.com.

1 comment:

Deborah Piccurelli said...

Thanks so much for hosting me on your blog, Paula! I hope your visitors enjoy our interview.